Tuesday 12 April 2011

Tuesday Ski Trip Afternoon

Tuesday Afternoon

After lunch we headed back to the slopes with ski jackets on for the first time. The temperature has cooled slightly and with the added wind chill it is definitely colder at the top of the mountain. Some hard cases like Faith and Harry B complained bitterly about having to wear a coat but I’m sure they were glad they did once we sat on the chair lift.
Mr Martindale’s group had plenty of falls on the black runs, their new side slipping skills came in very handy. Slow and steady ruled the slopes as only Hannah and Georgia survived the afternoon without falling over. This group are progressing at such a rapid rate that they are running out of slopes that they haven’t tackled. Jessica, Alex, Josh and Harry I are begging for another visit to the snow park. Oliver B wants to break Josh W.C altitude record.
Mr Britten’s group successfully tackled their first red run with few problems. Everybody fell in a variety of ways but still managed to keep smiling and eager for the next challenge. They also had their first experience of the ski park, Remy went for “massive air” as did Cameron and Oliver S. Ben W, James S and Faith went for a more controlled approach and landed softly with great style. Rohan’s fame is spreading - even the French are joining in. However, Oliver P must take credit today for stopping the chair lift. Lying on the floor in front of it is apparently not the best way to get on!
Mrs Major had fun on the slopes with the skiing version of Total Wipeout. Jumping over ramps, ducking under ski poles and rolling in snow. They have been promised a chauffeur driven trip to slopes. Honestly, some would do anything to avoid carrying their skis half an mile down the road!

Dinner tonight was French Onion Soup, Lasagne and Salad, Pancakes
Cameron, James S, Harry B and James P set a new record for speed eating. Their lasagne was eaten before any of the other children were served.

As promised, some children have written a message home.

To my family,
I am having loads of fun and I am doing really well! There is plenty of snow up at the top!(which is good!) Missing you!
From Alex P

To my family,
It is great here, I’ve got Alex and James S as my room mates and on Monday I got best fall of the day! I went flying off a jump and landed on my butt!!! Missing you loads (well sort of!) See you soon, laters
Josh WC

Dear My Family,
Hi guys, having a great time and having loads of fun. I am sharing a room with Harry, Oli P, Oli S and Lewis R. On the first day of skiing I got skier of the day. Missing you lots.
Love Oli B

Dear Mum and Dad
I’m missing you loads, hope you are both O.K. How’s Dexter? I’m having loads of fun, bum boarding was awesome. In my room is Alex, Rosie and Isabella, How’s golf? Let me know about Di (grumpy) Don’t miss me too much.
Love you loads
Isobel

Dear Mum and Dad
I am having so much fun and you still have to do the painting. I am sharing a room with Isobel, Rosie and Isabella. It is so much fun.
Love from Alex H

Dear Family
I am having a great time, I hope that Freddy is loving the warm weather. Miss You Loads.
Oliver P

To Mum, Dad and Henry
I am really missing you and Henry sniffing my bum. My room mate is Sarah. It’s really hard work skiing! My feet and my ankles are hurting.
Love from Tatziana

To my parents
Hi, hope you enjoyed your wedding anniversary. Things are great this end. It was the other Lewis who was skier of the day!
Best Wishes
Lewis R

Dear all
Having a spectacular time in France! There is so much snow! And sun! The food is beautiful and I now like ham! In a room with Harvey, James, Rohan and Harry B. We need to have a tidier room! We got 0/10 yesterday! Can’t wait to see you again but am having a great time with my friends. Also, Katie - Say hi to Olivia for me! Loved all your messages including the brainteasers!
See you all soon,
Lots of love
Ben W

To Mama, Baba and Rohan
I am having a fab time and I am getting better at skiing. I am in a room with Hannah, Georgia and Pip.
Lots of love Anushka

Dear Mummy, Daddy and Tasha,
I’m having a great time. I am getting better at skiing. I can stop!!! I am sharing a room with Hannah, Georgia and Anushka. I miss you a lot.
Lots of love
Pip

Dear Mum, Dad and Ellie
Very hot, need shorts. Having a good time.
Love Cameron
Ps Having fun and not getting bossed around

Dear Family
Missing you all loads. Having a great time.
Love you loads.
Love from Faith and Harry

To Mum and Dad and Alexa
I am really enjoying myself but I am aching so much. Say hello to everyone,
Lots of Love
Rosie
xxx

Dear Mum and Dad
I am really missing both of you,
My room mates are Lois, Amelia, Faith. Skiing is hard work but fun and we go on black slopes (because I am in the highest group).
I love you all
Love Jessica
xxx

To my family
I am having a great time skiing(in France) I am missing everybody. It is really fun. We have done a lot of activities. Missing you all.
Lots of love
Harvey
Xxx

To Mum
I am having lots of fun and I am missing you so much.
Love from Harry B
Ps I fell over 4 times today

To Mum and Dad
I am having lots and lots of fun! The weather is very hot. Happy Birthday Mum! I’m getting really good at skiing now! Dad, maybe you could take me skiing!
Love you lots
xxxLoisxxx

Dear Mummy and Daddy
I miss you all loads but I’m having a great time!
I getting better and better at skiing!
And it’s so cool!
I miss you all loads
Lots of love
Remy
xxxxxx

To Mummy, Daddy and Liv
I am having a great time here in France skiing. I am missing you all and I hope to see you soon. We’ve been bum boarding, skiing and have had a quiz. I have been on button lifts and bubble lifts. I love you all and I am looking forward to seeing you.
Lots of Love from James P
Ps Can you please reply

Dear Mum, Dad, Ellie and Grace
I am having a great time. The foods o.k. I’m missing you lots. Plus I’m good at skiing now and I want to come back soon.
Lots of Love
James S

Hello Mum, Dad, Ellis and Cole
I hope you are having a good time at home. I have missed you a lot. I will see you on Saturday.
Love Lewis

Dear Family
It’s been so fun. We’ve been bum boarding and I’m in a room with Hannah. I keep on wondering how you, the brothers and Layla are. Don’t miss me too much because I don’t want you to worry. But Mum and Ben I wish you a very happy birthday.
I miss u
Love from Georgia

Dear Mum and Dad, Will and Elizabeth
I am having a great time here in France. I am missing you all a lot. I will see you on Saturday. You are the best family in the whole universe and I love you so much.
Lots of Love from Sarah
Ps Give all my love to the animals especially Georgie living all alone in her stables.
To Mum
I hope you are having a great time with Ajay and Dad. I wish I could be with you. Tell Ajay that we had bangers and mash. Don’t forget to make palik purry when I come back.
Love Rohan xxx

To Mum and Dad
Having a lovely time on my ski holiday. I’m in a room with Alex. Isobel and Rosie.
Get back soon
Hope you are well
Love Isabella

Hi Mum and Dad
Having a great time skiing! Hope you are all O.K.
Missing you
Amelia

Skiers of the day today were Harry B for determination, Oliver S for leadership skills and Rosie for grace, style and poise under pressure.
More of the same tomorrow including the latest scores from the room inspection.