Thursday 4 April 2013

Ski Trip Day 6

Ski Trip Day 6


Max wore the “beret of shame” at breakfast and seemed quite reluctant to return it.

Breakfast

The usual continental breakfast with a hot dog twist. The children threatened mutiny at one point until the pain au chocolate arrived and Francesca stood the troops down.

Today’s skiing was based around an examination. Each child was required to ski a slalom course using all the skills they have acquired during the week. Didi and Christian stood at the bottom of the course and assessed each child’s run.

Lunch

Pea soup, shepherd pie, carrots, peas, salad, yoghurt and fresh fruit.

Highlights of the day.

Katie crashing into a stationary Jessie and Lois and them blaming them for the accident.

Mr Martindale spentding10 minutes searching for his rucksack only to find it on his back.

James looking wide wake after a good 13 hours sleep!

Sarah taking out half of her ski group with a mistimed hockey stop.

Quotes from Christian

“I can’t see where I am going so follow me down this mountain”

“Some of the children are now very good skiers – Don’t tell them I said that!”

Quotes from the children

“Mr Britten, are you wearing Santa’s boots?” Rosemary

“Parp!” Dylan

“That was a fake one!” James, through the fumes.

“I can only skate on my skates” Cameron (Getting his excuses in early!)

Children’s messages

The children have been given the opportunity to write a message on the blog. These are the ones I have been given so far:

To Mummy and Daddy

I am having lots of fun here. Missing you loads, cannot wait to come home. Hope you are both O.K and are having fun in Norfolk. I have a bit of a sun tan from wearing my goggles (lol)

Lots of love

Lolo xXx


Dear Mummy and Daddy

I’m having a great time! How was Hazz and Chazz? I got the first skier of the day for my group. I am in a group with Katie, Sarah, Jessica and Annie and a few more. Katie, Annie and Lois are my roommates.

Missing you loads

Mills

Xxxxxxxxxxxx



Dear Mama and Baba and Rohan

I am having an epic time. My roommates are Tatz and Jess and I have learnt parallel turning. Tonight is karaoke and tomorrow ice-skating. I can’t wait.

Miss you loads

Nuka Nu



Hi, Macy said you are back. I’m having so much fun but I do miss you. Lots of love, Jess xxx

Ps I have so much to tell you



Dear Mum and Dad and the Phoebster

Hope you had loads of fun in Norfolk with the Scott’s. I am having loads of fun and I got skier of the day.

Can’t wait to come home.

Lots of love from

Macy xxxx

To Mummy, Daddy and Meg.

Having loads of fun here and am glad to hear Meg had a good b’day.

Love you loads

Jessie P

Xxxxx

p.s Fudge or nougat



To Mummy and Daddy

Happy Easter,

I hope you haven’t eaten any of my eggs. I’m having a great time but I’m missing you loads. See you on Saturday.

Lots of love

Tink

xXx

p.s Hope all the animals are O.K


Having an awesome time here in France! It’s hot here and the skiing is really fun! Our skiing instructor is called DeDe which is French for moustache! Having a great time!

Danielle


I’m loving it here, the skiing is so fun! It’s so cold, but I’m enjoying every minute of it. We have been down hard and easy slopes. I now feel that I have improved greatly. Thank you so much for this holiday!

Francesca


Mummy and Daddy

Happy Easter, I can’t wait to see u on Saturday and I hope u are enjoying your week of relaxation. I haven’t lost anything yet and I’ve spent 39.89 euros.

Lots and lots and lots from Katie

p.s I got you both an epic present!!!

p.p.s I’ve only fallen over twice xxxxx LOL