Tuesday 10 January 2012

Welcome Back

Happy New Year!

Help The Woodland Trust

With post-Christmas clean-ups underway, Marks & Spencer is calling on its customers to come into store this January and help the Woodland Trust turn festive waste into woodland by recycling old cards at stores UK-wide*.

From 2-31 January 2012, specially-marked Christmas card recycling bins will be placed in over 300 participating M&S stores. M&S is committed to planting one tree with the Woodland Trust for every 1,000 Christmas cards brought into store – with the aim of saving over 10 million cards from the rubbish bin this year, equating to 10,000 new native trees.

Puzzle of the week
The island of Elbonia have a rather eccentric postal system. Postage for an item can be anything from 1 dinar to 15 dinari, and you must use exact postage. Frustratingly, there is only space on the envelopes in Elbonia to attach a maximum of three stamps. What is more, they only have three different denominations of stamps, can you work out what they are?



Jokes of the week
Teacher: I see you missed the first day of school
Kid: Yes, but I didn't miss it much.

Teacher: Could you please pay a little attention?
Student: I'm paying as little attention as I can.

Teacher: James, where is your homework?
James: I ate it.
Teacher: Why?
James: You said it was a piece of cake!

Teacher: Why is your homework in your father’s handwriting?
Pupil: I used his pen!

Teacher: You’ve got your shoes on the wrong feet.
Pupil: But these are the only feet I’ve got!

What’s the difference between a teacher and a steam train?
The first goes “Spit out that chewing gum immediately!” and the second goes “chew chew”!

Today my teacher yelled at me for something I didn’t do.
What was that?
My homework!